Le Cayes, Haiti – On July 8th, 2014 the World Bank Managing Director and Chief Operating Officer Ms. Sry Mulyani Indrawati and the Vice President for Latin America and the Caribbean, Mr. Jorge Familiar Calderon, made a special visit to Haiti to attend the closing ceremony for the RESEPAG project ( Strengthening the Public Agriculture services) funded by the World bank and implemented ...Read more
An exhibition on display at 2014's Rimini Meeting in Italy will tell of AVSI's experience on the periphery in three stops–Kenya, Ecuador, and Brazil. We are in search of what poverty really is and of what it takes for a person to be born again. A special guest who will help curate the exhibit offers us his testimony. What, really, is poverty? We believe we kn...Read more
In an article first published by Ilsussidiario.net, Secretary General of AVSI Alberto Piatti reveals a potential gap between international cooperation systems and the persons they hope to reach. The international community—following a path marked by the series of international conferences in the 1990s: Rio de Janeiro on Environment and Development, 1992, the twentieth anniversary of which was celebrated this year with the Rio +20 Conference on Sustainable Development; Cairo on Population and De...Read more
To support the AVSI network by leveraging resources and contacts in the U.S. in order to enhance and broaden the achievements of member organizations in promoting human dignity in developing countries.
- Le Nouvelliste; May, 19th 2014 Vers la transformation des produits agricoles, l’UNDH emboite le pas
- Notre Dame Initiative for Global Development; May 14th, 2014 NDIGD and the Kellogg Institute partner with AVSI to study impact of educational services in Uganda
- Palestine News Network; March 3rd, 2014 AVSI Holds Final Ceremony for the Project "Support the Emergency of Education in the Palestinian Territories"
- Secure Nutrition Blog; Februrary 14th, 2014 Strengthening the local production of fortified complementary foods in Haiti
- US Embassy - Uganda; Dec 3rd, 2013 PEPFAR Hero Ketty Opoka: Mother to a community
- USAID Impact Blog; Sept 30, 2013 Communities in Cote d’Ivoire Benefit from USAID’s Investments