Freetown, Sierra Leone - To understand the impact that Ebola is having in Sierra Leone, one needs to look beyond the number of infections and victims. Social norms and habits have been completely undermined. People are afraid to meet each other on the street. "We don’t shake hands anymore when we say goodbye, we can’t bury the bodies of our ...Read more
Washington, DC - On Thursday, October 2, 2014, two shining, smiling faces of Ugandan youth greeted a diverse audience of a few hundred people at the World Bank’s Preston Auditorium. Daniel and Latifah, both 14 years old and residing in Kampala, Uganda, were invited by AVSI’s SCORE project and by USAID to travel across the globe to attend a conference ...Read more
In an article first published by Ilsussidiario.net, Secretary General of AVSI Alberto Piatti reveals a potential gap between international cooperation systems and the persons they hope to reach. The international community—following a path marked by the series of international conferences in the 1990s: Rio de Janeiro on Environment and Development, 1992, the twentieth anniversary of which was celebrated this year with the Rio +20 Conference on Sustainable Development; Cairo on Population and De...Read more
To support the AVSI network by leveraging resources and contacts in the U.S. in order to enhance and broaden the achievements of member organizations in promoting human dignity in developing countries.
- The Independent (Ireland); September 8th, 2014 Power and Poverty: Two extremes of existence going head to head
- Le Nouvelliste; May, 19th 2014 Vers la transformation des produits agricoles, l’UNDH emboite le pas
- Notre Dame Initiative for Global Development; May 14th, 2014 NDIGD and the Kellogg Institute partner with AVSI to study impact of educational services in Uganda
- Palestine News Network; March 3rd, 2014 AVSI Holds Final Ceremony for the Project "Support the Emergency of Education in the Palestinian Territories"
- Secure Nutrition Blog; Februrary 14th, 2014 Strengthening the local production of fortified complementary foods in Haiti
- US Embassy - Uganda; Dec 3rd, 2013 PEPFAR Hero Ketty Opoka: Mother to a community