NEW YORK ENCOUNTER, JANUARY 16-18, 2015 AVSI-USA will participate in the upcoming 5th annual New York Encounter, a three-day public cultural festival in the heart of New York City which will take place from January 16-18, 2015.The theme of this year’s festival, “In Search of the Human Face”, sums up a real challenge of our time, that of knowing oneself ...Read more
"Poverty is learned with the humble, the poor, the sick and all those who are on the existential peripheries of life. Theoretical poverty is of no use to us. Poverty is learned by touching the flesh of the poor Christ, in the humble, the poor, the sick, in children." - Pope Francis, 2014 Organized for the first time in 1990, the ...Read more
In an article first published by Ilsussidiario.net, Secretary General of AVSI Alberto Piatti reveals a potential gap between international cooperation systems and the persons they hope to reach. The international community—following a path marked by the series of international conferences in the 1990s: Rio de Janeiro on Environment and Development, 1992, the twentieth anniversary of which was celebrated this year with the Rio +20 Conference on Sustainable Development; Cairo on Population and De...Read more
To support the AVSI network by leveraging resources and contacts in the U.S. in order to enhance and broaden the achievements of member organizations in promoting human dignity in developing countries.
- PEPFAR/USAID - Uganda; October 2nd, 2014 Experience as Evidence: Growing Up in the Age of HIV/AIDS
- The Independent (Ireland); September 8th, 2014 Power and Poverty: Two extremes of existence going head to head
- Le Nouvelliste; May, 19th 2014 Vers la transformation des produits agricoles, l’UNDH emboite le pas
- Notre Dame Initiative for Global Development; May 14th, 2014 NDIGD and the Kellogg Institute partner with AVSI to study impact of educational services in Uganda
- Palestine News Network; March 3rd, 2014 AVSI Holds Final Ceremony for the Project "Support the Emergency of Education in the Palestinian Territories"
- Secure Nutrition Blog; Februrary 14th, 2014 Strengthening the local production of fortified complementary foods in Haiti