AVSI's Amparito Espinoza lives in a periphery of Ecuador amidst poverty and violence. AVSI’s volunteers accompany her without feeling sorry for her, and now she works with them. “When a person is embraced, they discover their own dignity. More than giving them support, you begin to share in a new way of looking at life.” This year, her story, along ...Read more
September 8th, 2014 – In partnership with Caritas Iraq and the Chaldean Patriarchate of Babylon, AVSI-USA joins the AVSI Network emergency campaign to provide humanitarian aid to roughly 30,000 of the nearly 180,000 displaced Iraqis seeking refuge in Erbil, Iraqi Kurdistan. The vast majority of the displaced in Erbil are Christian. Following violent attacks by the Islamic State and subsequent clashes with Kurdish militias, ...Read more
In an article first published by Ilsussidiario.net, Secretary General of AVSI Alberto Piatti reveals a potential gap between international cooperation systems and the persons they hope to reach. The international community—following a path marked by the series of international conferences in the 1990s: Rio de Janeiro on Environment and Development, 1992, the twentieth anniversary of which was celebrated this year with the Rio +20 Conference on Sustainable Development; Cairo on Population and De...Read more
To support the AVSI network by leveraging resources and contacts in the U.S. in order to enhance and broaden the achievements of member organizations in promoting human dignity in developing countries.
- The Independent (Ireland); September 8th, 2014 Power and Poverty: Two extremes of existence going head to head
- Le Nouvelliste; May, 19th 2014 Vers la transformation des produits agricoles, l’UNDH emboite le pas
- Notre Dame Initiative for Global Development; May 14th, 2014 NDIGD and the Kellogg Institute partner with AVSI to study impact of educational services in Uganda
- Palestine News Network; March 3rd, 2014 AVSI Holds Final Ceremony for the Project "Support the Emergency of Education in the Palestinian Territories"
- Secure Nutrition Blog; Februrary 14th, 2014 Strengthening the local production of fortified complementary foods in Haiti
- US Embassy - Uganda; Dec 3rd, 2013 PEPFAR Hero Ketty Opoka: Mother to a community