For an entire week in early March, AVSI-USA hosted in Washington, DC our dear friend and colleague, Rose Busingye, Executive Director of Meeting Point International. Rose is dear to us because her life and work has taught us so many things over the past years. From Rose we have learned is that any issue facing a human person must be looked at ...Read more
*** Update July 1, 2015*** AVSI-USA recently received a report from Caritas Nepal concerning the current situation in Nepal following the two major earthquakes in April and May of this year, and their own activities and needs in response to those directly affected by the disaster. Caritas Nepal reported that the most urgent need remains to be shelter for those displaced ...Read more
In an article first published by Ilsussidiario.net, Secretary General of AVSI Alberto Piatti reveals a potential gap between international cooperation systems and the persons they hope to reach. The international community—following a path marked by the series of international conferences in the 1990s: Rio de Janeiro on Environment and Development, 1992, the twentieth anniversary of which was celebrated this year with the Rio +20 Conference on Sustainable Development; Cairo on Population and De...Read more
To support the AVSI network by leveraging resources and contacts in the U.S. in order to enhance and broaden the achievements of member organizations in promoting human dignity in developing countries.
- ANSAMed February 18, 2015 LEBANON : 120 Graduates from Farming Schools
- PEPFAR/USAID - Uganda; October 2nd, 2014 Experience as Evidence: Growing Up in the Age of HIV/AIDS
- The Independent (Ireland); September 8th, 2014 Power and Poverty: Two extremes of existence going head to head
- Le Nouvelliste; May, 19th 2014 Vers la transformation des produits agricoles, l’UNDH emboite le pas
- Notre Dame Initiative for Global Development; May 14th, 2014 NDIGD and the Kellogg Institute partner with AVSI to study impact of educational services in Uganda
- Palestine News Network; March 3rd, 2014 AVSI Holds Final Ceremony for the Project "Support the Emergency of Education in the Palestinian Territories"