Rwanda – The testimony of Emerithe, twenty years after the Rwandan genocide. In 1994, she hid with her son Aldo during the day and walked with him at night to escape the Hutu militias. AVSI’s close attention to the plight of their family gave Aldo the courage and support he needed to tackle his studies and hope in the future. “The genocide began ...Read more
100 days and counting: As the World Cup approaches, AVSI presents its sports program in Brazil to the IDB
Salvador de Bahia, Brazil – Recently, AVSI attended a civil society forum organized by the IDB (Inter-American Development Bank) in Salvador de Bahia, Brazil, to present on its sports program in Belo Horizonte. Working in close collaboration with Fiat, the municipal government, and the IDB, AVSI’s program proposes soccer as a means of integral human development and education in the ...Read more
In an article first published by Ilsussidiario.net, Secretary General of AVSI Alberto Piatti reveals a potential gap between international cooperation systems and the persons they hope to reach. The international community—following a path marked by the series of international conferences in the 1990s: Rio de Janeiro on Environment and Development, 1992, the twentieth anniversary of which was celebrated this year with the Rio +20 Conference on Sustainable Development; Cairo on Population and De...Read more
To support the AVSI network by leveraging resources and contacts in the U.S. in order to enhance and broaden the achievements of member organizations in promoting human dignity in developing countries.
- Palestine News Network; March 3rd, 2014 AVSI Holds Final Ceremony for the Project "Support the Emergency of Education in the Palestinian Territories"
- Secure Nutrition Blog; Februrary 14th, 2014 Strengthening the local production of fortified complementary foods in Haiti
- US Embassy - Uganda; Dec 3rd, 2013 PEPFAR Hero Ketty Opoka: Mother to a community
- USAID Impact Blog; Sept 30, 2013 Communities in Cote d’Ivoire Benefit from USAID’s Investments
- New York Times; Aug 28, 2013 The Benefits of Cash Without Conditions
- Oye Times; Sept 7, 2013 South Sudan Communities Pledge To Sustain Donor Projects