South Sudan - As the peace negotiations that were originally scheduled for Februrary 11th in Adeba, Ethiopia remain on hold indefinitely, AVSI has decided to publish the testimony of Anna Sambo, AVSI’s project coordinator in South Sudan. Her free flowing reflections jump from practical considerations to heartfelt observations. They speak of her life in Africa as an aid worker and ...Read more
Mungunga 3 Camp, Democratic Republic of Congo – Representatives from UNICEF, the World Food Program and UNHCR visited Mugunga III, one of the refugee camps in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) where AVSI helps ensure that children have access to education. After nearly one year of work, the number of students attending school has tripled and the positive impact ...Read more
In an article first published by Ilsussidiario.net, Secretary General of AVSI Alberto Piatti reveals a potential gap between international cooperation systems and the persons they hope to reach. The international community—following a path marked by the series of international conferences in the 1990s: Rio de Janeiro on Environment and Development, 1992, the twentieth anniversary of which was celebrated this year with the Rio +20 Conference on Sustainable Development; Cairo on Population and De...Read more
To support the AVSI network by leveraging resources and contacts in the U.S. in order to enhance and broaden the achievements of member organizations in promoting human dignity in developing countries.
- Palestine News Network; March 3rd, 2014 AVSI Holds Final Ceremony for the Project "Support the Emergency of Education in the Palestinian Territories"
- Secure Nutrition Blog; Februrary 14th, 2014 Strengthening the local production of fortified complementary foods in Haiti
- US Embassy - Uganda; Dec 3rd, 2013 PEPFAR Hero Ketty Opoka: Mother to a community
- USAID Impact Blog; Sept 30, 2013 Communities in Cote d’Ivoire Benefit from USAID’s Investments
- New York Times; Aug 28, 2013 The Benefits of Cash Without Conditions
- Oye Times; Sept 7, 2013 South Sudan Communities Pledge To Sustain Donor Projects