AVSI's project in Minas Gerais, Brazil, for skills development and professional training inside prisons as part of the APAC program (Associações de Proteção e Assistência aos Condenados), is the winner of the Jobs Knowledge Platform Most Promising Approach award within the Experiences from the Field. An awards ceremony took place at the World Bank headquarters in May. The APAC Professional Qualification ...Read more
The Women INcome Generation Support (WINGS) Program, collaboration between AVSI Uganda as implementers and researchers from Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) being managed by AVSI-USA, is an innovative 3-year program of economic assistance and social support to 1,500 of the young women who, with their children, were most severely affected by conflict in northern Uganda. Funding is provided by private U.S. ...Read more
In an article first published by Ilsussidiario.net, Secretary General of AVSI Alberto Piatti reveals a potential gap between international cooperation systems and the persons they hope to reach. The international community—following a path marked by the series of international conferences in the 1990s: Rio de Janeiro on Environment and Development, 1992, the twentieth anniversary of which was celebrated this year with the Rio +20 Conference on Sustainable Development; Cairo on Population ...Read more
To support the AVSI network by leveraging resources and contacts in the U.S. in order to enhance and broaden the achievements of member organizations in promoting human dignity in developing countries.
- Foreign Policy Blog; May 3, 2013 War of Ideas The Less You Know, the Stronger Your Opinions The Cable Syrian Activists Draw Their Own Red Line Drezner On Wads of Cash in China Investing in poor women helps them earn more, but does it 'empower' them?
- AlertNet; April 18, 2013 AVSI reaches out to 1,000 ‘invisible’ Syrian refugees in Marj el Kok
- IDB News; December 2012 IDB, FIAT and AVSI partner to offer sports activities in the Tree of Life Program for the city of Betim, Brazil
- IlSussidiario; March 10, 2013 Sustainable Development and Mining Companies in Peru
- JAIDS; February 2013 High Prevention of Mother To Child Trasmission of HIV program uptake and coverage in Northern Uganda
- Brazil MGTV2; Jan 28, 2013 Chico Lobo and AVSI bring music behind bars in Minas Gerais prison